Only those users with access to the admin area of Trading Programs are able to manage workflow in Trading Programs by clicking on Config at the top of the page and on Structure in the drop-down menu.
If you click on the workflow tab you will be able to create workflow roles and configure them to suit your workflow process.
A workflow role is the job role/title of the people in your organization that are going to be involved in the approval workflow process i.e. the people in the organization that will need to sign off a trading program. The workflow roles will appear in the approvals tab when going through the workflow.
Click on Config at the top of the page and on Structure in the drop-down menu.
To create workflow roles you will need to click on the Workflow tab.
1. Click on the + sign to add and configure a new workflow role. A panel on the right-hand side with the configuration options will appear.
2. In the Name field, you will need to enter the job role/title for that workflow role.
3. You will need to set the Invite basis for this workflow role. If you click on the box a drop-down menu should appear in order to select the appropriate setting.
If you have chosen 'Approval workflow role' for Invite basis, an additional setting will appear labeled Invite basis approval workflow role. If you click on the box a drop-down menu should appear in order to select the appropriate setting.
4. You will need to set the Invite scope for this workflow role. If you click on the box a drop-down menu should appear in order to select the appropriate setting.
5. You will need to set the Approval basis for this workflow role. If you click on the box a drop-down menu should appear in order to select the appropriate setting.
6. You will need to set if the role Can start workflow. If you click on the box a tick should appear, this indicates the role can start the workflow.
7. You will need to set whether or not that workflow role is Mandatory. If you click on the box a tick should appear, this indicates the role is mandatory.
8. You will need to enter the Position of this workflow role by entering the number of the position this role will take in the workflow i.e. if this role is the third role in the approval process you will need to enter 3.
9. If necessary set any Invite thresholds for the workflow roles. To do this you will need to click on the + button, select the currency and enter the client/division threshold. Then click OK.
10. You will then need to save the changes that you have made by clicking on the Save button.
By setting the Invite basis, you will be able to determine when a workflow role is invited to the workflow.
There are three possible settings:
Invite scope allows you to label your workflow roles based on their client division. For example, if a user is in a 'lead division', this option would be chosen here so that when members of the lead division are invited, this user will be included.
When one workflow role has multiple users that are signing off a trading program you may not need every member that has been invited to the workflow from that workflow role to sign off the trading program. By setting the Approval basis you will be able to determine how many of the users will need to sign off the trading program.
There are two settings:
The tick box determines whether a workflow role can start the workflow process. If this is ticked the workflow role will be able to start the workflow for every trading program. This user will, therefore, see the start workflow button on the approvals tab. If a user has been mapped to a workflow role that cannot start workflow they will not see the start workflow button and therefore will not be able to start the workflow for any trading program.
The tick box determines whether a workflow role is mandatory i.e. it cannot be superseded by the next person in the workflow. If this is ticked the workflow will not be able to progress unless the user in that workflow role has accepted the trading program. If this is not ticked the user in the next workflow role will be able to approve the workflow even if the user above has not.
The number entered in this field will determine where in the workflow process the workflow role will be placed. If this number is 1, the workflow role will be placed first in the workflow process, if this is 5 the workflow role will be placed fifth in the workflow process.
Thresholds are applied to workflow roles in order to limit when a workflow role is invited to the approval process. For example, if the CEO of your organization is required to sign off trading agreements for trading partners who earn more than £3,000,000 in rebate, you can set the threshold for the CEO workflow role as £3,000,000. In this case, the CEO will only be invited if the trading program has earnings above £3,000,000.
To delete a workflow role you will need to click on the workflow role you would like to delete and then press on the 'Delete' button.
When you make changes to workflow that is used in trading programs that are currently progressing through the approval process, those changes will be visible the following day. Workflow approval hierarchies are recomputed overnight between the hours of 23:00-6:00, to ensure that changes to your workflow configuration are up to date in current trading program approval hierarchies. No changes are made to trading programs that are already fully signed with a completed approval workflow.
Please raise a ticket in our Support Hub if you require any big changes to your configuration.